It is a critical time: EDF’s application to build Sizewell C is advancing through the planning process – despite covid – and the government is considering giving financial support.
Help us fight back!
* Join Us. Being part of the campaign is so important right now. Sign up here to receive regular updates.
* Sign a petition – www.stopsizewellcpetition.com is a joint petition with Together Against Sizewell C and has so far been signed by over 19,000 people. Please also oppose a possible new funding model – the Regulated Asset Base (RAB) – under which all UK energy customers would pay an annual sum towards building Sizewell C. Although a year old, this petition from consumer campaign group Sum Of Us is still active: www.actions.sumofus.org/a/no-energy-bill-surcharge-for-new-nuclear
* Write to the Planning Inspectorate to say you oppose Sizewell C firstname.lastname@example.org to register your objection to the project.
* Tell the Chancellor, The Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP and the Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng that the UK government should not support Sizewell C. Please copy your MP (in Suffolk Coastal this is Therese Coffey MP email@example.com who will only respond if the message to her, rather than cc)
- You can use arguments about why it is the wrong project in the wrong place and a bad investment from “Why Stop Sizewell C”
- Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP: firstname.lastname@example.org, Dear Chancellor.
- The Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng MP: email@example.com, Dear Secretary of State.
* Urge UK Funds not to invest. If you have a private or company pension, or hold shares in banks, pension schemes or other UK investors, please write and ask for their assurance they will not invest in Sizewell C. Aviva, Prudential and Legal &General have already expressed caution. We have a background Pensions Briefing here.
* If you are an East Suffolk or Suffolk resident, write to your District Councillor and/or County Councillor and urge them to oppose Sizewell C. Find them here. We have not provided suggested text as your messages will be more impactful if they are unique to you, but you may wish to raise some of the points we make in our “Case Against Sizewell C“.
* Follow us on social media, and watch and share our posts and videos
*Visit Take Part in the Planning Process for deadlines and details on how to get involved.
* Take a walk through the proposed construction site, and see for yourself what would be lost.
* Write letters to the editors of national and local papers about Sizewell C. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want tips or someone to fact-check a letter you have written.
EDF, Sizewell C Information Office, 48-50 High Street Leiston, Suffolk IP16 4EW, email@example.com
Suffolk Coastal Member of Parliament: Dr Therese Coffey, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. Tel: 020 7219 7164. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suffolk County Council (SCC): Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich IP1 2BX.
SCC Leader, including Economic Development and Infrastructure: Cllr Matthew Hicks, email@example.com
Environment and Public Protection and County Council Lead on Sizewell C: Cllr Richard Rout firstname.lastname@example.org
Highways and Transport & Rural Issues: Cllr Andrew Reid email@example.com
East Suffolk District Council: Melton Hill, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1AU or Riverside, 4 Canning Rd, Lowestoft,
Leader & Finances/Resources: Steve Gallant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Leader & Economic Development, and ESC lead on Sizewell C: Craig Rivett, email@example.com
Planning and Coastal Management: David Ritchie, firstname.lastname@example.org
Communities, Leisure and Tourism: Leticia Smith, email@example.com
Environment: James Mallinder, firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport: Norman Brooks, email@example.com
Please copy any letters to Aldeburgh & Leiston Ward’s District Councillors: Tony Cooper firstname.lastname@example.org, [currently there are two vacancies. A by-election is expected].
Planning Inspectorate [PINS], Temple Quay House, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PN, email@example.com