It is a critical time: we are supporting a legal challenge against Sizewell C’s planning consent (by TASC), which Ministers granted against the recommendation of the Planning Inspectorate, and the government is considering giving financial support.
* Join Us. Being part of the campaign is so important right now. Sign up here to receive regular updates.
* Consider making a donation to Stop Sizewell C. We need to raise funds to support the legal challenge and continue campaigning.
How can we stop Sizewell C?
- Money! Since late 2022 the UK government and EDF co-own Sizewell C, but if no one else will invest, construction cannot go ahead. You can help by writing to pension funds or other potential investors. You can also write to the Chancellor, Jeremy Hunt and tell him there are more urgent and better value for money than continuing to support Sizewell C: email@example.com, Attn The Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP. Salutation Dear Chancellor
- Politics. If Sizewell C, or the nuclear tax needed to finance it, is unpopular, Ministers will listen. Sign our Petition with Together Against Sizewell C at www.stopsizewellcpetition.com or write to Claire Coutinho MP, Secretary of State for Energy Security and Climate Change (email for now firstname.lastname@example.org) Dear Secretary of State.
- Planning. An application for a Judicial Review of the planning decision, filed by Together Against Sizewell C in August 2022, was rejected in June 2023 but we are appealing.
- Visit Why Stop Sizewell C? to find our multiple reasons for campaigning against this damaging project. There are more campaigning ideas on our Take Action page.
* If you are an East Suffolk or Suffolk resident, write to your District Councillor and/or County Councillor and urge them to oppose Sizewell C. Find them here. We have not provided suggested text as your messages will be more impactful if they are unique to you, but you may wish to raise some of the points we make in our “Case Against Sizewell C“.
* Follow us on social media, and watch and share our posts and videos
* Take a walk through the proposed construction site, and see for yourself what would be lost.
* Put up a Poster in your window or a campaign board by the road or in front of your house. Contact us on email@example.com
* Write letters to the editors of national and local papers about Sizewell C. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want tips or someone to fact-check a letter you have written.
EDF, Sizewell C Information Office, 48-50 High Street Leiston, Suffolk IP16 4EW, email@example.com
Suffolk Coastal Member of Parliament: Dr Therese Coffey, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. Tel: 020 7219 7164. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suffolk County Council (SCC): Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich IP1 2BX.
SCC Leader: Cllr Matthew Hicks, email@example.com
Environment and Public Protection and County Council Lead on Sizewell C: Cllr Richard Rout firstname.lastname@example.org
Cabinet Member for Economic Development, Transport Strategy and Waste: Cllr Richard Smith email@example.com
East Suffolk District Council: Melton Hill, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1AU
Leader: Caroline Topping (Green), firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead on Sizewell C: Tom Daly (Green), email@example.com
Planning and Coastal Management: Kay Yule (Lib Dem), firstname.lastname@example.org
Environment: Rachel Smith-Lyte, email@example.com
Please copy any letters to Aldeburgh & Leiston Ward’s District Councillors (Greens): Tom Daly firstname.lastname@example.org Sarah Whitelock email@example.com and Katie Graham firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Inspectorate [PINS], Temple Quay House, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PN, email@example.com