Issue Specific Hearings are planned as follows: (all hearings will be virtual). To read the Planning Inspectorate’s letter, see https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/wp-content/ipc/uploads/projects/EN010012/EN010012-005194-Notification%20of%20ISH.pdf
- 6 July, Draft DCO
- 7 July, Traffic & transport
- 8 July Traffic and transport contd
- 9 July, Socio-economic and Community Impacts
- 13 July Landscape and Visual Impact
- 14 July Coastal Geomorphology
- 15 July Biodiversity and Ecology
- 16 July Biodiversity and Ecology inc marine issues
Hearings on Compulsory Acquisition will include the project’s funding/finance and take place 17 – 20 August
If your issue of concern is missing, it is possible that there may be more hearings planned later in the process, but it is not guaranteed that each issue identified as a Principal Issue will have a hearing. It will depend on whether the Examining Authority feel that all the information they need can be obtained in written form. As new evidence emerges in the process, we should continue to ask for more Issue Specific Hearings.
A more detailed agenda for each hearing will be published a week beforehand. The Examining Authority will proactively invite people to these hearings whom they have questions for. Others can ask to take part but there is no guarantee they will be called to speak. We recommend that individuals request to participate, especially if you have new evidence, but also so that you have the opportunity to respond to what is said. Collaboration with others, and between Parish Councils, is strongly recommended.
We assume the format will be similar to the Scottish Power/Friston DCO hearings, but this is not certain.
- Participants should plan to be available for the whole hearing unless told a specific time to speak (unlike Open Floor Hearings there are unlikely to be set speaking slots).
- Arrangements conference will take place approx 9.30 with a start time of 10am
- The Examining Authority will introduce what the topic is
- The applicant will be asked to outline its plans
- Statutory consultees such as Suffolk CC, East Suffolk Council, Environment Agency etc will be invited to speak first. These may be represented by Counsel.
- If not invited to speak, participants may use the raise hand function.
The deadline to request to speak is 24 June (Deadline 3) and such requests can be made by emailing email@example.com, including your IP number.